Monday, March 02, 2009

Netbook Bag Cloth Prototypes

Well, the paperbag idea didn't work out. I just couldn't figure out how to make the sides work. So, I decided just on an envelope style.
The first one came out ok, but it leaves the seams on the inside showing and if I add padding, that would be showing on the inside as well. Not a big deal, but not as neat as I wanted. It was also too small.
The second one I based on this tutorial at Craftster, only I'm not using a zipper, so I just left that out. It came out with the smooth lining on the inside that I was looking for, but It didn't have a flap lid like I wanted. It also came a little small.
Next, I used the same tutorial and I stuck a flap where one side of a zipper would go (according to the tutorial). I need to make the flap a little bit smaller so it fits nicer on the inside, but I think this way will work out nicely. I also made it a lot bigger-it is actually a little too big now, but that is easier to fix.
The first one is on tope-the flap is hard to see. The 2nd one is under that and the 3rd one is on the very bottom of the pile. I only used a strip as the flap lid just to see if it would work, now that I know it would work, I would make a full sized flap next time.