Sunday, June 25, 2006


So on Craftster there were a bunch of people making dress forms out of duct tape, so I just had to try it out too. It's all complete, but I don't have a picture of it not on me. It looks pretty much the same except it has a duct tape neck now. I haven't tried using it yet...I don't have a real sturdy bottom, neck or arm holes yet, so I'm afraid of messing it up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pinkie the Bunny

*Originally June 11, 2006

I made another stuffie today. Someone posted this pattern on and I just had to try it out. The face got sewed a little wonky, but it sort of looks like a nose, so I left it. I need to try and find a black button or something to put on there, but I'm still really happy with the turn out. That was the first time I've tried something with a "bottom" to the animal. Yay!

At the booksale today I got a few (really old) books on making soft toys, so I guess I'll have to try out some of those patterns as well.

Halter and Tube

*Originally May 20, 2006
I got a book the other day: Generation T-108 Ways to Reconstruct Your T-Shirt or something like that. (Book on Amazon) The book is unfortunately not written for girls that have boobs, so my first creation did not turn out as planned. I took the Phantom of the Opera t-shirt and tried to turn it into a halter. Well, the straps ended up way to short to cover me, and so did the triangle parts (the book shows them with a nice pucker to the bottom). I had to add on the straps and just make a tie in the back. I had to undo the pucker in order to have the triangles cover the girls-now they need a dart, but it's late and I don't want to mess with that now. I might even add a little tie or something in the middle because I still feel mega-exposed! If I ever add the darts I'll post another picture.

Then I took a long-sleeved wolf shirt and turned it into a tube top. I tried to compensate for the boobs again-this is still really tight. There is suppose to be a drawstring at the top, but it's so tight I really don't need it. I really like how this one came out-it was so easy to do also. I just cute off the sleeves, made it a tad slimmer and added a hem at the top. The shirt was still long, so I cut a few inches off of the bottom and just left a raw edge.


Frog, Dog and Lizard Stuffies

*Orginaly May 18, 2006

Here are some stuffies I made. They can also be found on or the frog is also on my Deviant Art page. First is a frog I made for a friend's birthday. She really likes frogs. I found the pattern here: FrogStore

This frog was my 3rd and best attempt and is now in his new owner's care.

For another friend's birthday, I made a dog stuffie. I just made up the pattern, and it's not very good. The legs are way wrong, but it's still really cute. I used a rock that I found for the nose.

Finally, here are my 1st and 2nd attempts at the frog pattern. The first frog came out ok, but I forgot one dart. The second one I tried with no darts at all and I thought it looked more like a lizard so I added a tail and voila! A lizard. (o:

New Blog Just for Crafts

Well, I have a blog on here already, but it was jumbled with all sorts of things. Since I want to start getting into crafting a little more (I WANT TO-being the keywords there) I thought I should make a blog dedicated to just my crafty things. This is that blog.